July 2021 Devotion
* Jesus has ordained that true believers bear fruit
* If you are truly saved you will bear the fruit of a Christian.
* That fruit will be a product of the Holy Spirit that abides within a true believer.
Gal. 5:22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
* John chapter 15 lists and describes 3 stages of fruit bearing Christians.
Beareth fruit...Jn. 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit,
Bring forth more fruit... Jn. 15:2 he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Bringeth forth much fruit...Jn. 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:
Phony Christians Bearing Fake Fruit:
* We live in a world today filled with phony Christians that bear the fake fruit of false professors.
* Our world is filled with artificial perfection and sometimes it looks the same as the real thing.
* The fake stuff looks so real now that it’s hard to tell the difference anymore.
* Examples: Food; Decorations; Money; Video Games
* It’s sad, but not only is the (man-made) and artificial filling the world, it has also begun to fill the church. Our churches are now filled with fake Christians.
* These fake Christians are so good at being fake that if you don’t do a thorough investigation of their fruit, even the very elect can be deceived by them.
Mt. 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Lu. 13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
Jn. 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Rev. J.R. Childers